Futuriot works with confidential data every day. That’s why we take information security very seriously: it’s a core promise to our customers, a cornerstone of being your trusted partner in digitalization.
With equal care, we are committed to protecting your individual rights and keeping your personal data safe. We comply with the applicable legislation, including the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which outlines your rights and our obligations regarding your personal information.
Visiokatu 4, 33720 Tampere, Finland
business ID 2789064-8
Data protection officer
+358 50 3844473
Purpose and justification of personal data processing
We use the personal data of customers and potential customers for
- Fulfilling our contracts
- Fostering our relationship
- Providing customer support
- Letting you know about our products and services
- Making offers
In order to develop our business and offering, we may also conduct analysis on
- Marketing, including the usage of www.futuriot.com or effectiveness of email communication
- Products and their usage
- Services and their usage
- Customer data
In GDPR terms, we have a contractual necessity or legitimate interest for doing these. Also, if you provided us with your personal information, you were asked for your consent for processing it. Sometimes we may have a legal obligation to process your personal data.
We don’t use your personal data for other purposes than described here.
What personal data we collect and from where
We collect the following types of personal data of our customers and potential customers
- Contact details such as name, phone number, email address, and office address.
- Job title and role in your organization.
- History of events during our engagement, for example emails and notes of meetings & calls.
- Information about your visit at www.futuriot.com, for example your IP address, name of the owner of the IP address, and time spent on each page.
- Possible additional information provided by you.
Personal data is collected directly from you, from public sources such as the Internet or trade registers, or from a representative of your organization.
Where we store your personal data
Except for the above described services, Futuriot does not disclose your personal data to third parties.
When we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area for storage and processing by our service providers, it is protected by appropriate technical and contractual safeguards between Futuriot and the service provider as required by GDPR and other applicable legislation.
How we protect your personal data
Keeping your personal data safe and secure is at the center of how we do business. We use appropriate technical, organizational, and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
How long we process your personal data
We only keep your data for as long as it’s necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise required by law. For example:
- We retain your data for as long as we are executing on our contract and for an appropriate period after the termination of the contract to defend against possible claims.
- We retain the billing information for seven years due to the Finnish bookkeeping regulation.
When we no longer have a justified need for retaining or processing your personal data, we will delete it.
As defined by the GDPR, you as a data subject have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of incorrect or incomplete data.
- Withdraw your consent for processing personal data.
- Request erasure from our records.
- Request limitation of processing, for example to storage only.
- Object to processing that is based on our legitimate interest, for example to stop receiving marketing communication from us.
- Data portability. You have a right to receive personal data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format. Where secure and technically feasible, we can also transfer the data to another data controller.
You can exercise your rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer. Your request to exercise these rights will be assessed given the circumstances in each individual case. Please note that we may also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You also have the right to file a complaint to the local supervisory authority, for example the Finnish Data Protection Ombudsman at www.tietosuoja.fi.
Automated decision making
We don’t make automated decisions based on personal data.
Cookie usage and statistics
Our cookies are not used for personal identification, but for improving the site’s functionality.
Managing and deleting cookies
The user is free to manage and/or delete any cookies. Instructions can be found e.g. at www.aboutcookies.org. Most web browsers can be configured to block cookies completely. Note that the site may not function properly without cookies.